top of page

Several historic pubs sit on the banks of this stretch of the Thames at Hammersmith, though few records exist before the implementation of the annual licensing checks of inns, ale houses, taverns and tippling houses in 1715.

‘The Blew Anchor’ - now The Blue Anchor would appear to be the oldest licensed Alehouse in the area, licensed on 9th June 1722 to Alehouse keeper Mr. John Savery.

Pubs on the Thames at Hammersmith

  • HS24

bottom of page