Richmond Green was and is a popular venue for cricket matches and the earliest reference to cricket on Richmond Green is in 1666. Dating from 1770 The Cricketers Pub overlooks the green huddled amongst a mixture of period town houses and historic buildings.
Owned by the Crown Estate, the green is leased to the London Borough of Richmond. Open grassland, framed with broadleaf trees and extending to about twelve acres. The Green, has been described as "one of the most beautiful urban greens surviving anywhere in England".
The Cricketers pub on Richmond Green
Right picture in a series of two