The third picture in a series of four of Strand on the Green.
The picture is 88cm wide but displayed here in two parts to show detail
Strand on the Green was named in 1353 (Strand meaning shore) and has a long history. Industries included malt-houses, repair yards, barge-builders and wharves. The City Barge, The Bell and Crown and The Bulls Head were licensed by the mid-18th century.
Kew Railway Bridge spans the River Thames. The robust Victorian structure was designed by W. R. Galbraith, built by Brassey & Ogilvie and opened in 1869. It was given Grade II listed structure protection in 1983.
LIMITED EDITION OF 250
Edition: up to number 2 of 250
Size: Picture size 88 x 10.5cm